CORE Education Facebook  Twitter 
Search

Learning Story/Assessment workshops

• Public
Started by Tara Fagan 04 Jul 2014 1:33pm () Replies (6)

Repost question from Melissa:

Hello,  I was just wanting to see if there were any Learning Story/Assesment work shops out there at the moment as i have a staff member who would benefit but have not seen one come across my desk in a long time.

Any help appreicated

Melissa

Replies

• Donna Rowland (View all users posts) 04 Jul 2014 2:29pm ()

I highly reccomend the ELP Learning Stories Conference 17th-18th October in Hamilton. I was lucky enough to be a part of this last year, awesome conference.

• LynetteK (View all users posts) 06 Jul 2014 6:34pm ()

Not sure where you are, but Childspace are offering a workshop on learning stories for infants and toddlers in Christchurch on Sat 2 August 2014

• Beth (View all users posts) 08 Jul 2014 1:44pm ()

Do you have more details LynetteK on this workshop please?

• helen.cartwright (View all users posts) 08 Jul 2014 12:57pm ()

Hi Melissa, am not sure what part of the country you are in but if you post here where you are I can get a local CORE Education facilitator (CORE run ECE Online) to be in touch with you to discuss professional learning around learning stories.  Sometimes team members can benefit more from one to one support which can be done face to face or online.  

Helen

• LynetteK (View all users posts) 09 Jul 2014 5:30pm ()

Hi Beth

More details re Childspace conference can be found at http://www.childspace.co.nz.  New to this so hoping it is okay to share this information (!) Following is extract from pre-workshop blerb:

Learning stories for infants and toddlers – Memory Loader

Memory will introduce you to a simple system designed to celebrate the daily discoveries of infants and toddlers as well as documenting meaningful learning over time. This workshop will stimulate your thinking about children’s agendas, and inspire reflection on programme planning responsive to infants and toddlers and their growing relationships with people, their environment and the natural world around them.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.